Sociologists may point to failure of governments of the world to create a conducive environment for growth and equitable development, but the root cause of every problem is: sin.
Whether it is at the individual level, family, national or global levels, the cause is the same: sin.
When God created man, He did not intend for planet earth to be in disarray as it is today. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve sinned and opened the door for evil spirits, led by Satan, the devil, to reign over the human race.
Sadly, every child born by Mr. and Mrs. Adam inherited the sin nature and grew committing more sins. Through sin, death entered into the world.
Sin caused the following disasters to afflict the human race:
- It separated man from God. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23 Since God is the source of life, joy, and peace, whoever is separated from Him will have none of these blessings.
- Sin placed man under the tyranny of the devil. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. ... 1 John 3:8 Whoever is under the tyranny of the devil will suffer immense anguish because Satan hates the human race.
- Through sin, death entered into the world. For the wages of sin is death; ... Romans 6:23. Today people mourn the loss of a loved one due to various causes of death. Some die through road accidents, wars, drug abuse, illness, murder and so on. Every death of a loved one is painful and irreplaceable. The cause is: sin.
- Man is condemned to eternal punishment in hell fire which originally was made by God for Satan and for his demons. God did not create hell for man, but sin has made sinful man a partaker of eternal torment in hell. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41
So, looking at these four points alone, you can understand why sin is dangerous.
- It will separate you from God.
- It will place you under the tyranny of the devil.
- It will produce eternal death in your life by denying you eternal life.
- It will send you to hell.
Of course, while you are committing sin, it gives the impression of pleasure, but it is not pleasure. It is a snare. What you consider pleasure is actually a bait that is drawing you into a trap.
You must forsake sin and you need forgiveness for your past sins. That is why you must come to Jesus Christ for cleansing and forgiveness of sin. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
Confess you sins today and ask for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ. Whoever dies in sin will share the punishment of the devil in hell. Only Jesus Christ can save your soul. Repent of your sins today and ask for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ.
Lo, I have told you.